September 14, 2009

Indulgences

Okay, I know this really fancy shmancy, especially for dorm life, but I can't get enough of truffle butter. It's not my fault! Blame my mom! But really, it's the best.

Today I cooked my eggs with truffle butter. I should probably be using it for more elaborate meals, but I went to Whole Foods yesterday and am still in that over-excited, fridge stuffed with lots of new goodies phase. I couldn't resist.


I bought small container yesterday manufactured by Wild Forest Farms and I like it a lot. They use white truffles and it cost $7, which for truffles seems like a bargain. It is certainly way cheaper than buying whole truffles, and when every bite is infused with truffle flavor, it doesn't seem to matter anyways. It's just so good. Wild Forest also sells a lot of other truffle based products on their website (linked above). Another kind that I have used in the past and is also widely available is D'Artagnan Black Truffle Butter, which also costs $7. If you use your butter wisely and sparingly, you can get a lot of use out of it and it will last quite a while--just dont forget to really indulge once and a while and spread it on your toast.

Nosher

3 comments: